Sunday, March 1, 2009

Gizmoz



Express Yourself with Gizmoz Video Clips
Ok. So penguins aren't native to MN... I think the word on the streets is that this is some what creepy. At least the blogs I've read have alluded to that...

The use of CAs is certainly interesting. I wonder how long it actually takes to program the responses. One of our classmates mentioned that it would be time consuming to create/program all of the responses, as a single teacher (I assume he means as one individual, rather than his marital status). I would agree. Perhaps it would be a great idea if a whole department is on board & can partake in that process. Otherwise, I would say that this is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to earn some money on the side...as a consultant perhaps...gathering the data from schools\teachers and entering it into a system.

One thing that was a bit bothersome about the using CAs is that some users were very focused on the appearance--desiring to make them more attractive. I guess that this bothered me because I don't like to think that we are so "appearance conscious." But who am I trying to fool? When I created my gizmoz, I wanted it to look good, or at least interesting...I thought about going for "funny," or any other number of looks...but it got to be rather time consuming.

I guess I would think twice about using CAs, as the research didn't really seem to indicate that they greatly improved student learning or comprehension. Maybe if I could be assured that the CA would always have the answer if the question included key words or terms related to class material.

1 comment:

  1. I also spent a great deal of time on what my gizmo would look like, and very little into what it would actually say, which is obviously the most important thing. I didn't even realize that I did that until I read your blog! Anyways, I also had the same feelings toward CAs, that they would need to be developed further to always have the correct answers to questions or class material.

    ReplyDelete